Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Someone made me rethink the way in which I approach friendships. I still think the same way: It's to always love as a friend- and love forgives all faults and pains and it's very essence and nature is so great and so powerful, that it overwhelms all flaws and all differences between people and makes them disappear. It's to always be sincere.

I really still don't believe that friendships have to be balanced. Be genuinely sincere and be supportive and be forgiving and be loyal and be who you really are and for all these, don't expect anything back in return. And if there is anything given back in return, it will be the sweetest and pleasantest of surprises.

"But won't you get tired? Won't you burn out?" you say.

But I don't believe that love will ever burn out or run out.

I might spend nights crying, getting taken advantage of, being manipulated and abused, getting discarded and pushed aside and forgotten... But, and I've really been thinking about this: I rather it be me that feels all these, than anybody else. Well, its entirely just a thought and I don't know if I can ever put it into action. But I would very much want to and would very much like to.

Besides, "the success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done," said Mother Theresa.

1 comment:

Miao 妙 said...

mmm i dunno, i guess we're really different sometimes, i usually prefer keeping a distance and not allow myself to get too close to anyone.