Saturday, December 15, 2007


Therefore we do not lose heart.
Though outwardly we are wasting away,
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles
are achieving for us an eternal glory
that far outweighs them all.
For what is seen is temporary,
but what is not seen is eternal.

- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.


I give thanks for the pain,
for the people who hurt me,
for the people who come and go,
for the people who could not, who would not stay,
for the people who wronged me,
for the people who manipulated me,
for the people who misunderstood me,
for the people who made use of me,
for the people who stepped over me,
for the people who hate me,
for the people who crushed my dreams.

I give thanks for the pain,
for the weight of the world on my shoulders,
for a weary and broken heart,
for the cuts and wounds and bruises and scars.
I give thanks for the fear,
for how real, how terribly irreducibly real, it can be.

This is my pain.
I acknowledge it.
I accept it.
I do not let anyone trivialize or belittle it.
They can say whatever they want.
I will not be ashamed of it.
I confront it.
I take full control of the damage it has done.
I take full control of my life,
of who I am and who I want to be.
I pick the pieces up,
and I fix it and make it even better than before.

I give thanks for Your sustaining grace,
for survival,
for strength,
for resilience,
for purpose,
for forgiveness,
for challenges and setbacks,
for learning experiences,
for fresh and new beginnings,
for unfailing empowering love,
for family,
for friends
(my fiance,
the idiot,
the silly pen palish cranky disturbing vampiric happy drunken bestest friend,
qt,
caramel corn syl,
bimbotic siti,
shu wen whom i miss,
05a1-ners,
ocip/osle people,
night safarians,
theatre peeps,
aep-ers,
journalism babes,
damon,
and you, you reading this),
for the stars in the clear night sky after the rain,
for every little good thing I took for granted.

I give thanks to You,
You who stayed,
when there was never any reason to stay.
You who stayed,
when there was no one left.
You who held my hand
and walked beside me
through the deepest darkest hours of my life,
when it was cold and quiet and unbearably lonely.
You who gave me hope, light, and a future,
when all was lost.
You who told me you loved me,
as I am, as I am, as I am.
Always.
In a world that was rapidly spinning and changing,
You stood still and firm and told me,
"Always."

Although it's been said
many times, many ways,
Merry Christmas
to you. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry christmas to you too babe (:

Anonymous said...

i love u

Anonymous said...

i thank God for a friend like you too. sorry, and thanks at the same time. i'm feeling much better already =)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Faith

:)

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

How are you darling?

We havent seen each other for aeons.

I am gonna die ... :p

Anonymous said...

omg jia sheng called u his darling???!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

양사민 estelwen said...

btw r u sure those r my legs? u muz be joking. i've nvr exposed my legs to tt extent in public!!!
and some more it really looks too sexy to be my legs. r they jia sheng's legs? XD

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHA. thats my legs!!!

siti* said...

gasp!
i am SO not bimbotic!

YOU. DIE.

BUT. i shalt be oh-so-gracious.
so you might as well enjoy ur last days while you can.

happy holidays! =D

for NOW.
nyahahahahaharr.

Faith said...

shufang:

:)

qt:

i love you too. haha.

act mysterious anonymous:

send me a msg when you can will you. it's your turn to make me worry. lol. i hope you're okay. please be.

mel:

yea see you 7th jan!

jia sheng:

why are you gonna die??

chocolate buddy:

HAHAHA.

siti:

hahaa. whatever you say.