Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I played catching with a little Indian boy at work last night. He's about 5 years old and I was talking to his parents when he laughed, pulled my shirt and started to run. The tram was approaching the station and I was so worried he would get knocked down. I ran after him and he slipped away like a fish and I grabbed his arm and tickled him until he couldn't move. So there we were, on the main road, messing around. What was even worse was that I had no idea my manager was nearby, giving me the evil eye. Haha. But boy did I have just that little bit of fun.

Let me be like a child. To be simple, and simply, happy. I want to be like a child. I want to peel this layer of tiredness, jadedness, nonchalance, apathy, constant guilt and excessive worrying and self-doubt away. I want to trust, to believe, to have faith, to love, to learn, to be open, to be confident and spontaneous and fearless, to be so certain that the world is my playground, that it is ok to make mistakes, that anything and everything is possible and that we have all the time in the world to discover the wonders and the bright burst of colours hiding right outside our doorstep waiting, just waiting, to give us the surprise of our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello... first one this year I think! Sounds like you are enjoying work...

Faith said...

hahaaa... maybe. happy new year :)