Monday, March 24, 2008


"The world doesn't just disappear when you close your eyes, does it?"

"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I don't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world is still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there? Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we really are. I'm no different."

"So you lie to yourself to be happy - there's nothing wrong with that, we all do it. Who cares if there's a few little details you'd rather not remember."

"I've probably done this before, I've probably burned truckloads of your things. I can't remember to forget you."

"You can just feel the details, the bits and pieces you never put into words. And you can feel these extreme moments even if you don't want to. You put these together and you get the feel of a person. Enough to know how much you miss them... and how much you hate the person who took them away."

"We all have nightmares to remind ourselves who we really are."

-Memento (2000).

1 comment:

siti* said...

omg. i saw this movie a long long time ago & i thought it was a really smart concept. very sunshine of the spotless mind but cooler with the cryptic tattoos.