Sunday, September 28, 2008

Was having lunch with my dad at the hawker centre when a little boy came up to me, tapped me lightly on the shoulder, and said loudly, "Auntie!"

"Whaat?" I exclaimed disbelievingly.

"Auntie!" he repeated cheekily.

"Oh my god... I'm so young only he call me 'Auntie' already," I told my dad.

"You where got young?" he questioned.

"Young!" I asserted.

"How old are you?"

I hesitated. It sounded like an innocent enough question, but my dad is anything but innocent.

"Twenty one?" I answered uncertainly. "You're my dad! How can you not know?"

He brushed my words aside, "And how old is the boy?"

"Erm... Four? Five?"

"Then," he concluded, "You where got young?"

I rolled my eyeballs, "I mean... Oh... Fine!"

The boy tapped me on the shoulder again. I turned, preparing to tell him off for being so irritating, when he planted a kiss on my cheek.

I blushed.

His mother came over and whacked his backside, "Don't anyhow anyhow kiss people! You so small like girls already ah?!"

He grinned and nodded.

My father slapped his thigh, and let out a long and hearty laugh.

3 comments:

양사민 estelwen said...

hahaha bet u flirted with e kid first! :P

siti* said...

oh wow la. so ADORABLE!

and yes, i'm just as reluctant (and slightly embarrassed) to reveal my age to people. i just can't seem to believe that i've lived on this darn planet for so long.

Faith said...

fiance:

ya don't be jealous, miss yeo.

siti:

"i just can't seem to believe that i've lived on this darn planet for so long."

HAHA! I SO UNDERSTAND.