Wednesday, March 15, 2006



"...and the world all unreal in the dark and so exciting that you must resume again unknowing and not caring in the night, sure that this was all and all and all and not caring. Suddenly to care very much and to sleep, to wake with it sometimes morning and all that had been there gone and everything sharp and hard and clear... Sometimes still pleasant and fond and warm and breakfast and lunch. Sometimes all niceness gone and glad to get out on the street but always another day starting and then another night. I tried to tell about the night and the difference between the night and the day and how the night was better unless the day was very clean and cold and I could not tell it; as I cannot tell it now. But if you have had it you know."

-A Farewell To Arms by Ernest Hemingway

No one says it better than Hemingway. And I wonder when my love-hate relationship with the night will ever stop. I think I'm used to it, the same way it must be used to me.

Music, words, solitude, and thoughts.

Somewhere in between, comfort, no matter how transient, is found.

1 comment:

Miao 妙 said...

i like nights better. especially when the moon is full and shining bright.