Wednesday, March 15, 2006

"...Oh what a beautiful view,
if you were never aware of what was around you.
And it is true what you say,
that I live like a hermit in my own head.
But when the sun shines again,
I'll pull the curtains and blinds to let the light in.

Sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole,
just like a faucet that leaks and there is comfort in the sound.
But while you debate half empty or half full,
it slowly rises...
Your love is gonna drown."

-DCFC's Marching Bands of Manhattan

The evening always seems to be bleeding to me. Orange and red melting and weeping up there in the stratosphere pathetically and desperately. And sometimes I imagine that I let the blood drip all over me, from the top of my head down to my toes, and let it just soak all over me as the grey shadows turn darker and consume it bit by bit.

I realize that I don't belong in your world. So I think I better leave now, discreetly and secretly, with silent footsteps, before you find out that I don't belong.

My poor cutie pie, you've cried at least 5 times now, and how many times that you cried alone and I wasn't there to dry your tears, I think I'll never know. But if there's anything that I can ever do for you, it's the fact that I'll always be there for you. You're never never never alone. Don't ever forget that.