Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Nearly everybody lives the exact same life these days but they just don't recognize it or even want to acknowledge it. Would doing so make us any less 'special' than we already are? Hah.

For instance, "I am afraid to love."

You would have uttered one of these statements before:

"I want to love."

"I want to be loved."

"I have a broken past."

"I want a perfect future."

"I have secrets I am terribly ashamed of."

"I have lofty dreams people will laugh at me for harbouring."

"I don't have true friends."

"I want to have true friends."

"I don't think I have been a true friend."

"I hate the person I have become."

"I entertain thoughts of killing myself."

"I don't think I will ever be good enough."

"No one seems to understand me."

"I don't seem to be able to understand anything anymore."

"I don't know what I'm living for."

"I cannot forgive myself."

"I wish I could turn back time."

"I don't know if there is a God."

"Would God love a person like me?"

"I want people to open up to me."

"I cannot open up to people."

"I feel lonely."

"I feel empty."

"I am insignificant."

You're not alone. You're not.

Don't you know it's only human nature? No glory. No shame. Just man, simply man, reeking of mortality, wanting to deny the stench.

Is the truth such a bad thing?

Don't laugh when I say I believe it will set us free.


The little child sat on a little rock and watched the sky, the whole stretch of sky, miles and miles long and wide, beyond the reach of the human hand, littered with glittering shiny stars. Littered. Littered with glittering shiny stars. Isn't that ironic, my little child? Stars of all sizes and all shapes and all shades of brightness, consumed by a black eternal blanket, sinking and swimming and struggling to sparkle as hard as they can. We're all together now. We're all alone now. A hand that sweeps through this sea of sad stars that we are, will throw us over the round crest of the yellow moon, and let us glide through the cool breeze of the gentle night and have a free, free, free fall.


I cannot get to sleep.

I cannot get to sleep every night.

I cannot see the stars from where I am.

I hope they shine.

I hope they shine so hard they blind me from my fears.

No comments: