Thursday, September 14, 2006

Random thoughts and musings that have consumed me these days:

"Better to be loved. Easier to be feared."

'Endgame' by Samuel Beckett: "Then babble, babble, words, like the solitary child who turns himself into children, two, three, so as to be together, and whisper together, in the dark"

and

"The end is in the beginning and yet you go on."

"Pride is a beginning motivation and an end product in every human action. You feel pride in acknowledging that you were in the wrong. You feel pride in wanting to change. You feel pride in helping others. When others tell you that you are beautiful and good, when others tell you that you are worthy, you reject their thoughts and favour your pathetic excuses. You feel pride in thinking that they don't know what they're talking about and that only you and you alone can see how terrible you truly are. You feel pride. Pride feels you. You feed on pride. Pride feeds on you."

Gertrude Stein: "A rose is a rose is a rose."

"Conversations with you lifts my soul and leaves me feeling more empty than ever."

'King Lear' by Shakespeare: "They told me I was everything. 'Tis a lie..."

and

"Is man no more than this?"

"How can confessional poetry be self-indulgent when their sorrow echoes yours, when they create a symphony of sounds that recognizes the pain in you?"

'Daddy' by Slyvia Plath: "Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through."

"Perfection is an obsession."

"Salvador Dali's sculptures are here! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Singapore Biennale 2006. Hmmmmmmmmmm."

"I hate The New Paper. Who gives a shit about cheap meaningless news such as 'Mistress Gives One-Eyed Dragon a New Baby'?! Whatever happened to their marketing concept of touching the hearts of Singaporeans with emotional stories of the ordinary man in Singapore and their ups and downs? Its becoming so completely trashy, over-sensationalized and cheap, with their ugly pictures of people hiding their faces with their hands and bags, senseless gossip on celebrities, stupid scandals of the soccer world, and unprofessional style of writing, even having to resort to the usuage of putting chunks of words in bold just to grab the attention of the reader. What happened?? Obviously, their target audience is the kaypoh uncle and auntie with nothing better to do but to bet on soccer. Has The Straits Times monopolised the market that badly that they have to strip all dignity in being a decent newspaper?"

*Edit: It just occured to me that The New Paper is related to The Straits Times. Jeez. Makes it even worse methinks.

"Why do guys like to make use of me in order to forget about some other girl or cure their boredom and/or loneliness? Please, please, please leave me alone. In the event that my forehead writes in red the words, 'I am a sucker', I will be the first to inform you. In the meantime, I suggest you go fuck yourself (a very highly engaging activity I assure you) since I will not be free to entertain you for the next 100000000000000000000000000000000000 (ad infinitum) years."

For You I Will sung by Teddy Geiger: "You always want what you can't have."

"THERE IS NO SECOND CHANCE. DO IT ONCE. DO IT RIGHT."

No comments: