Thursday, January 08, 2009

Calendar girl who's in love with the world
Stay alive
Calendar Girl who's in love with the world
Stay alive

I dreamed I was dying; as I so often do
And when I awoke I was sure it was true
I ran to the window; threw my head to the sky
And said whoever is up there, please don't let me die
But I can't live forever, I can't always be
One day I'll be sand on a beach by a sea
The pages keep turning, I'll mark off each day with a cross
And I'll laugh about all that we've lost

Calendar Girl who is lost to the world
Stay Alive
Calendar Girl who is lost to the world
Stay Alive

January, February, March, April, May
I'm alive
June, July, August, September, October
I'm alive
November, December, yeah all through the winter,
I'm alive
I'm alive

- Calendar Girl by Stars.


(In my dreams,
I am a bashful thing with little wings,
as surprising and as silent
as a child at the family's dinner table.
I have no destination.
No place to land, no wish to land.
I have no prodigious ambitions.
I am not competitive.
You can cut me and dry me,
hang me in the garden
or chuck me in some dusty corner of your room
because you don't know what else to do with me
once you're done with me.
It doesn't matter.
Everything seems to matter too much
and in the end it all seems to not matter at all.
I will let you hold me,
only as gently as I will hold you.
Slowly.
No harder, no pressure.
No fingerprints or any other traces of being.
Quietly, effusive.
Quietly, rapturous.
Quietly, revealing and unravelling.

Happily, unhinged.)

1 comment:

Miao 妙 said...

I love Stars.

They had a concert in Singapore on the 7th, I wanted to watch it but due to certain reasons I missed it anyway. Le sigh.