Thursday, July 09, 2009

Today, while trying to look pretty (the keyword is 'trying'), I wore four inch wedges which totally murdered my feet and made me want to cry. The boy just shook his head amusedly, not a single comment about my absolute gorgeousness emerging from his lips. Instead, he said, "Don't know why women want to make themselves suffer."

"Asshole," I retorted, "Because it looks good!"

"And how does it look good now??"

"If I didn't tell you I was in pain, you wouldn't have known and you would have thought I looked good!"

"Right..."

In the end, my shoes were hurting me so much that I had to take them off.

The boy and I walked a few steps together, and then he removed his slippers and made me wear them.

So there we were in the middle of the Esplanade- this exceptionally tall boy walking around completely barefoot while his short tiny girlfriend, who wore a glamorous dress, dragged her feet around in humongous rubber slippers which made little 'clak-clak' sounds on the polished floor.

Nice.

"Next time," he said, "can you just stay FLAT."

"What talking you!" I pointed to my chest area, "I'm already damn flat."

"I mean stay flat on the floor! Let gravity do the work. You already trip in slippers still want to wear heels."

"But heels make me look hot."

I could clearly see how hot I looked at that moment, wincing with agony every few steps I took, my feet filled with red swelling blisters.

Once, I was telling some joke to my friend about how my mum had remarked to me that the boy was looking more and more like a garang guni man- shirt seemingly way oversized with that slightly hunched melancholic back of his', baggy shorts, worn-out slippers, incredibly small sleepy eyes hidden by his dorky glasses which, somehow or another, are always filled with fingerprint marks, and adorably messy hair.

My friend laughed uncontrollably and said, "Are you sure his' your boyfriend?! The way you say him... I think your two are really like primary school kids."

Hm. I kinda like that.

Edit: I FORGOT TO MENTION MY BOYFRIEND'S RESCUE MISSION, i.e. BUYING A GORGEOUS NEW RED AND FLAT SLIPPERS FOR ME; AND HIS PLASTER TO SAVE ME FROM INFECTION!

3 comments:

A. said...

YOU MADE NO MENTION OF MY RESCUE MISSION, i.e. BUYING A GORGEOUS NEW RED AND FLAT SLIPPERS FOR YOU; AND MY PLASTER TO SAVE YOU FROM INFECTION!

xiaocangshu said...

I borrowed heels for the Freshmen Inauguration Ceremony, and I think I will stay with flats from now on.

Unknown said...

its realli sian when everyone ard me starts getting boyfrens!!!