Monday, November 23, 2009

When I was younger, I used to watch those melodramatic Taiwanese or Korean TV shows where the girl is always alone and sobbing like a proper damsel in distress, and the boy will have to run all over the place just to find her. When he does find her, he holds her and hugs her as tightly as he can, and everything becomes okay. I used to scoff at scenes like this. So cliche, I would say, so stereotypical, so corny and wrong on so many levels. And then the exact scene happened to me in real life. Except this time my prince was decked out in an old t-shirt, shorts and slippers. He sat beside me, rubbed his small sleepy eyes, gently put my head on his chest, and wiped my tears away with the bottom of his t-shirt. And suddenly it became the most romantic thing in the whole wide world.

Next time, (if there is a next time), we'll switch places. I'll put your head on my chest darling.

No comments: