Saturday, October 22, 2005

You know how just by drinking water, a lot of your body's dysfunctions are cured already? I was thinking, just by listening to music, a lot of your mind's dysfunctions are cured already. Seriously.
*
Title: Just The Way You Want It To Be
*
Wonder off into the grey.
A trickle in the slightest motion
Creases everything just the way
Just the way you want it to be-
Some poignant potion,
But just what I would never say.

If I could only find that concession
In some beautifully wretched solution,
Would it be, just the way it should be?
If I could furtively listen to that dreadful call,
Answer those questions without response,
With wasted fingers covering wet eyes,
Bitten and bruised black-and-blue inside,
And a single deep breath that is never deep
Enough for that one final heave,
Would it be, just the way you want it to be?

I’ve always wanted to ask you,
What it felt like
As you fell.
When you realized there was no turning back,
If you cried.
If your heart thrashed about in a struggle,
If you thwarted all empty decisions.
If you had already taken that final plunge
Millions of years before this final plunge.
I’ve always wanted to ask you,
If it was just the way
Just the way it should be?

Did you think you would make it?
Did you think you would be fine?
Was there was anybody by your side?
Do you laugh at me because I’ll never know?
Do you laugh at me for my silly poem that doesn't rhyme
That asks you a thousand times if it was
If it was just the way
Just the way you want it to be?

No comments: